What is it?
Athlete's foot is an infection caused when fungi invade the skin. It occurs on the bottom of feet and/or between toes and is highly contagious. If left untreated, it can:
- Spread to other parts of the body
- Invade and destroy the nail plates of your toenails
- Hinder athletic performance
Symptoms include burning, itching, cracking and scaling.
How'd I get it?
It's most commonly picked up by walking barefoot in a locker room, public pool or shower area. People are most susceptible when their feet are sweating or lack proper ventilation (e.g., wearing sneakers that are too tight).
How do I get rid of it?
- Wash and dry the infected area
- Apply a thin layer of Tinactin® Cream twice a day (morning and night)
- Pay special attention to the areas between your toes
- Wear well-fitting shoes
- Change shoes and socks at least once a day
- Keep treatment up for four weeks, even if the symptoms disappear for a complete cure
- If condition persists, see your doctor
How do I keep it from coming back?
Tinactin® antifungals contain tolnaftate the only ingredient clinically proven to prevent athlete's foot. Sprinkle Tinactin® Super Absorbent Powder on your feet after bathing. Reapply one or two times every day to stay clear of athlete's foot. Also:
- Keep feet clean and dry
- Wear flip-flops or shower shoes in locker rooms and shower areas
- Wear clean socks and well-fitting shoes