How do I prevent athlete’s foot?
Using Tinactin® athlete's foot products as directed should be your first line of defense for preventing athlete's foot, but here are some other tips and tricks to help prevent it as well.
- Wash your feet daily with soap.
- Keep your feet dry, especially between toes.
- Use foot powder to wick out moisture and reduce perspiration.
- Alternate your shoes to ensure they stay dry.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public areas.
- Always wear shoes, flip-flops or sandals in locker rooms or community shower areas.
- Make sure your shoes fit correctly and are well-ventilated.
- Wear socks that keep your feet dry, and change socks often.
- Change shoes and socks each day or more often when they get wet.
- Never share shoes or towels with others.